Members Only; Space Limited to 20 participants. Open to Non-members if space avail
From 530pm until 730pm
At St Charles Hospital
40.00 (Deposit 40.00 per person)
Havilah Brodhead / firstname.lastname@example.org
- This skill lab is taught by Mike Watson Territory Account Leader for Ethicon, with the Wound Closure Academy (WCA).
The WCA is a hands-on safe and effective Training Course designed to educate accounts, teaching hospitals, residents, RNs, and PAs on the basics of wound healing and science tissue management, basic suturing techniques, and advanced wound closure techniques. Participants will have the opportunity to use the techniques and devices described during the course in a hands-on lab.
Requirements for Participation
To ensure this educational program meets your needs, we recommend that participants meet the following criteria:
- Interest in increasing knowledge of wound closure and skills development in the applying wound closure techniques.
- Target Audience is for all clinicians that have a role in wound closure, including surgeons, PA’s, RNFA’s, Surgical Tech’s. etc.
Agenda – 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Introduction to Wound Healing
- Traditional Wound Closure Options
- Innovative Wound Closure Options
- Recommendations for Skin and Fascia Closure with Current Devices and Methods (
- Wound Closure Hands-on Lab hours
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Educate on the basics of Wound Healing and Science of Tissue Management.
- Educate and practice on the Basic Suturing Techniques
- Educate and practice on the Advanced Wound Closure Techniques (Tissue Controlled Devices and
Topical Skin Adhesives)
There are 16 people coming.
Registration is closed